Sunday, June 3, 2007

Guitar Renovation








So for those who don't know or have forgotten I have an electric epiphone black les paul junior. It is not the best guitar out there by any means . . . It is actually pretty crappy as far as tone and sound go. It doesn't even look that impressive. I want to do a few things to it, first of which I consider to be most influencial on the tone of a guitar: the pickup. I would like to change it to the second picture. This will reduce the muddy sound that my guitar often puts out. I would also like to sand down the blocky body a bit a paint something on it. I have a few ideas . . . like pic 2. Any feeback or ideas for paint would be cool. Let me know, Thanks!

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Maybe we could figure some painting scheme out soon?? hint, hint, lol, if you need help let me know. I might be able to come up with something if you pick a few colors that you would like to see on there. Let me know if I can help. ~T

Kristiny-Head said...

Ok so you probably expect me to comment on your guitar...and yes that is cool but I was actually thinking about the time of the post. Did you change it again or were you not "in bed" by 11:30. And yet somehow Trisha commented before you even posted, I don't know about this...

Zacky said...

The post time got messed up and i didn't change it. It was just flat out wrong. I'm not sure why.

Matthew g Prior said...

It would be cool to somehow put http://naoko-matsubara.abbozzogallery.com/images/Water%20%20In%20Praise%20of%20Hands%20%20(detail).jpg on your guitar (sorry it's so long, don't know how to html). I miss you man!

Matthew g Prior said...

It didn't work, I'll link it from the New Leaf.

Zacky said...

More ideas i have received: A starry night sky paint job, Racing stripes (Red or Silver), A Red "Z".