Thursday, July 26, 2007

Prayer


Does anybody have that book that we got in Montana? I don't know if we got it there or if I brought it but it had a section where you wrote down prayer requests. I found mine recently and was amazed at how much I prayed for and even more amazed at how many were marked as answered. I think that sometimes we forget when God answers our prayers and it is easy to focus on the ones that he doesn't seem to answer. I noticed three in a row on my list that weren't marked as answered. They were actually just recently answered. Definitely not in the way I would have liked them to work out but worked out nonetheless. Pastor Jan told me something invaluable today: God will make everything ok as long as you give it to him so he can make it right. That is not an exact quote so if there is anything theologically unsound with that one let me know but honestly I hadn't seen it that way before. We are supposed to give things to God so hopefully they can work out and so he has the stress not us because we can't handle it all the time. He doesn't just take it; he handles it. I am going to be all right because of God. He didn't just save me but he is in the process of saving me. I have accepted him as God and run to Him all the time and that isn't where it ends. I kinda feel like I just figured out there is a whole life ahead of me filled with Him saving me. I would really hate to be alone right now. I am glad I am not.

3 comments:

called 2 shepherd said...

I know it seems like I always respond with a verse... but God always seems to have said something for every situation:)

"Give your worries to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will never let good people down."
Ps. 55:22 NCV

I have so much trouble with this one sometimes... I get so stressed, when I shouldn't.
There's no way we can manage our lives successfully, because God has the plan for our lives- we don't.

If we try to handle things, it's like driving in a different country without a map.

If we give the steering wheel to the one with the directions, we'll be way more likely to end up in the right place.
If we don't talk to Him, (and listen,) we won't know when we are headed the right vs. wrong way. =)

called 2 shepherd said...

Oh, and I forgot ~ I still have my book too :) I think they gave them to everyone who stayed @ the school. It is pretty amazing to see how many prayers were answered! Pretty sweet =)

Jocelyn Burgess said...

Yeah. I actually found my book the other day and I was amazed. A lot of things had been answered, but at the same time a lot of think I worte about all of us struggeling with is still the same. I guess it just shows that God is constantly working in our lives. But we can't get too far if we don't work with him.

BTW, I love the 'supposed to be a cute couple but was mobbed' shot. Priceless.